Australian Version Delivered on CD ROM
Please Contact Us if you prefer to download the software and we will send you the Download links and Installation Codes.
This program is for higher level word-retrieval (“word-finding”) common in aphasia. It’s a companion or follow-on to AphasiaTutor 2.
- Word retrieval
- Vocabulary development
What it does
Displays a prompt such as “Up is the opposite of ___”. The patient chooses or types the correct answer.
As the title suggests, has lessons where the patient finds a word that has the same meaning (Synonym), opposite meaning (Antonym) or finds another word that sounds the same (Homonym).
Highest levels are very challenging. The patient is given a definition. S/he must then match that to the definition of another word that sounds the same.
15 Lessons of increasing difficulty:
- Opposites (multiple choice) Opposites (fill-in-the blank)
- Opposites (multiple choice) – Harder
- Opposites (fill-in-the blank) – Harder
- Words with the same meaning (multiple choice)
- Words with the same meaning (fillin)
- Words with the same meaning (multiple choice) – Harder
- Words with the same meaning (fillin) – Harder
- Words with the same meaning (multiple choice) – Hardest
- Words with the same meaning (fillin) – Hardest
- Words that sound alike (multiple choice)
- Words that sound alike (fillin)
- Words that sound alike (Hard)
- Words that sound alike (Harder)
- Words that sound alike (Hardest)
Easiest level (#1)
BIG is the opposite of:
(Answer: a. Small)
Most challenging level (#15)
“precipitation is ___”
which sounds like the word for :
- kitchen appliance which keeps food cold
- pants made with denim
- the rule of royalty
- paper which assists route-finding
Did you find that challenging enough?
This is the highest level in this program, so don’t expect the patient to get the right answer immediately. They have 14 other lessons to build up their skills before tackling #15.
C, because “the rule of royalty” is “Reign” which SOUNDS LIKE “rain”. Precipitation is
Can be used independently, thanks to special features.
Over 350 exercises.
14 different lessons, each at a different difficulty.
Sound cues provided for the Homonym lessons.
Easy-to-use. You can use the mouse, touchscreen or keyboard.
Free Trial Download
Windows 3.1 or higher, 486 DX or higher CPU
8 MB or more memory
20 MB Hard Drive space
Microsoft Windows (Any version from 1998 to present: 98, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7 and 8),
32 MB or more memory
About 20 MB Hard Drive space