- Following directions
- Reading comprehension
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Auditory comprehension
- Visual scanning
Patient hears and/or reads directions and follows them by moving shapes on the screen with the mouse or keyboard. If the patient answers incorrectly, program provides helpful suggestions in a human voice, like “that’s the wrong shape. You should be moving the large red triangle”.
Unlimited therapy: 500,000 exercises.
Every time you run the program it creates a new lesson with as many exercises as you want to work on.
Challenge for anyone: 200 difficulty levels.
Easiest: “Select the square”
Most difficult: 3 step instruction with shapes, colors and sizes
“Put the large red triangle above the small blue square, then put the mall green square above the large white circle, after you put the large green square to the left of the small blue triangle.”
Change the Difficulty
1. Number of steps
- 0, 1, 2, or 3-step instructions (called “Command Complexity”)
2. Complexity of the shapes
- Shape alone (“circle”)
- Shape + Color (” red square”)
- Shape + Color + Size (“small red square”)
3. Extra shapes
- Add extra shapes (foils) to increase or decrease scanning difficulty.
Provides additional therapy
This flexible therapy program also lets you work on:
- Memory Practice
Shows (or speaks) instructions. Instructions then disappears and patient follows them from memory.
- Auditory Comprehension
Patient follows the instructions that are spoken to him/her. Written instructions are not shown.
- Reading Comprehension
Patient reads and follows written instructions. The program can also speak the instructions if needed.
- Choose written and/or spoken instructions
- Up to 10 foil shapes (additional shapes that make the task harder)
- Memory challenge option makes the Directions disappear after the user begins executing the directions. User can press the space bar to read the directions again.
- IntelliHints provide intelligent feedback to the user. If the user executes the directions out of order, or chooses the wrong shape or moves the right shape to the wrong location, the program provides appropriate, specific feedback, such as “You are moving the shapes in the wrong order”
Written-only version also available (If you only need the written direction following, or do not have a sound card, we also have the basic Direction Following (written only) version. This is the same as Direction Following Out Loud+, but does not have any verbal component. All directions are written-only. That version is less expensive.)
Professional Version Features
- Tracks progress for each patient. Saves time and paperwork by automating outcomes data. After every lesson, the program gives a report with the date, the number of questions correct on 1, 2, 3, and 4 tries, and the level of difficulty. Just print these out after every lesson for no-hassle efficacy data.
- Licensed for 2 PCs at one address (one building) and for multiple patients (users) on each PC. Contact us for discounts on multiple Pro licenses.
Free Trial Download
Microsoft Windows (Any version from 1998 to present: 98, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7 and 8),
32 MB or more memory
About 80 MB Hard Drive space
Sound Card (which most computers have already. If you have speakers they are plugged into the Sound Card.)