Australian Version Delivered on CD ROM
Please Contact Us if you prefer to download the software and we will send you the Download links and Installation Codes.
Aphasia therapy software that improves recognition and retrieval of letters and single words. Can be used independently, with help from written hints and feedback.
Over 700 exercises, in 8 lessons:
1. Letter Matching -program displays a letter and patient selects the matching letter from a multiple-choice list.
2. Letter Copying – similar to #1, but patient must type answer.
3. Word Matching -Higher level version of #1.
4. Word Copying – higher level version of #2. #1 through #4 are useful for teaching basic keyboard operation.
5. Picture-Word Matching, Nouns -User must identify the picture.
6. Picture Naming, Nouns, Fill-in
7. Picture-Word Matching, Verbs:
8. Picture Naming, Verbs: Fill-in
- Letter recognition
- Word recognition
- Word retrieval
- Visual scanning
- Spelling and Typing
- Written naming
Hints – User can click on the Hints button or press the key on the keyboard to receive a hint in the fill-in-the-blank levels. E.g., if the answer was “Spoon” the hint would be “s_ _ _ _”, progressing to a choice of 4 written answers to copy.
Clear cueing for correct/incorrect answers.
Use the mouse or keyboard
Multiple difficulty levels beginning with multiple choice single-letters, all the way to fill-in-the-blank words.
Does the patient need to hear the words and cue?
Try AphasiaTutor 1+: Words Out Loud
It has all the features of the regular AphasiaTutor 1 and it also speaks the cues and the answers.
Deluxe Version Features
These features are available in the Deluxe and Pro versions of the program.
- Get more therapy with extra difficulty options. Show the first letter of the answer or reduce the number of choices to make the program easier, or give fewer hints to make it harder.
- Motivate the patient by showing them how well they’re doing with automatic progress tracking which saves the results of each session are saved, to a file. You can print this or copy it into other documentation. Limited to a single patient. For unlimited patients, see Pro version
- Make faster progress with repetition practice.
- Repeat the first 20 questions 5 times, or repeat as many questions as you like as many times as you like. You can also control the length of the lesson without repetition, such as having a 25 exercise lesson. (Bungalow programs have so many exercises we’ve found that even one lesson can be too much for a patient to do in one sitting.)
- Do memory training. You can set the program to display the cue to display temporarily or until they press any key. Then the cue disappears, and the question appears.
Pro Version Features
All the Deluxe features plus licenced to install on 2 computers at one site.
Free Trial Download
Microsoft Windows (Any version from 1998 to present: 98, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7),
32 MB or more memory
About 80? MB Hard Drive space